Sunday, August 28, 2005

Jon Stewart Redeems Himself: by hammering Christopher Hitchens (see video). Salon has more. I'm not a big Christopher Hitchens fan, but what's funny is that when I do feel the need to raise my blood pressure by reading his stuff, he sounds American in my head. So hearing him with his British accent is always weird- for some reason, usually when I hear British accents, I think "reasoned and rational person." I get past it quickly, but it just is a weird bias I have off the bat.

Things I wasn't planning on posting: I had no intention of posting this, but then I came across this sentence which just put me over the edge: "Shapiro wrote that liberals employ "chickenhawk" because they are "incapable of discussing foreign policy in a rational manner" and must engage in "purely emotional, base personal attacks," since they are "unwilling or unable to counter the arguments" of Bush, Cheney and Wolfowitz." I don't think any commentary from me is even necessary here.
Secondly, this gave me a chuckle: "Thirty-four percent of Americans believe in UFOs. Twenty-four percent believe in witches. And in the new AP-Ipsos Poll out today, 20 percent of Americans say they "approve strongly" of the way the Bush administration is handling the war in Iraq."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home